use and disclosure of personal information by or on behalf of The
SYLK Group Pty. Ltd. ABN 85 605 335 822 ACN 605 335 822 (and
associated business name childcareapplication.com) and
referred to in this policy as "CCA", "our", "we" or "us") in
connection with the information we collect and display via our
website (www.childcareapplication.com) ("website"). Please
read it carefully.
- The SYLK Group Pty. Ltd. is Australian based and abides
to all privacy laws in Australia.
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy
- We are committed to protecting your personal information,
and ensuring its privacy, accuracy and security. We handle your
personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with
the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles
(APPs) and relevant State and Territory privacy laws.
Principles above. CCA is committed to upholding these principles
and has implemented policies and procedures to ensure they are
- By using any of our products or services, visiting our
website (www.childcareapplication.com) or giving us your
personal information, you agree to your information being
collected, stored, used and disclosed as set out in this Privacy
- Personal information means information or an opinion,
whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or
not, about a living individual who is either identified or
reasonably identifiable. Examples include an individual's name,
address, contact number and email address.
- Sensitive information (a type of personal information),
means information or an opinion about an individual’s race or
ethnic origins, political opinions and associations, religious
beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual
preferences or practices, trade or professional associations and
memberships, union membership, criminal record, health or genetic
information or biometric information.
Collection of Information
- There are many aspects of the website which can be viewed
without providing personal information, however, for access to
CCA services you are required to register and submit personally
identifiable information. This may include but not limited to a
unique username and password, or provide sensitive information in
the recovery of your lost password. CCA collects your and your
children’s personal information when you register for our
service. We will only collect information that are relevant to
our service and the types of personal information we collect are:
- Names, contact details (i.e. email, work phone number,
home phone number, mobile phone number), and address details
(e.g. residential and workplace) of parents and people
authorised to collect your child;
- Names, gender, home address, date of birth, and
immunisation details of your children; and
- Personal information about parents and their children
which are required for providing the service to our customers.
We classify these personal information as ‘sensitive
information’ which is listed below under “Treatment of
- CCA collects and holds private information of applicants
through the aforementioned methods. Additionally, CCA will
collect information of active applicants from new institutions
via email, phone and face-to-face. Any information you hold that
is relevant to our service will be collected and held in a
reasonable manner. CCA will only collect information of
applicants you hold that is relevant to providing our service.
Information that we collect from institutions will include but
not be limited to:
- location and address of institution;
- business and legal names;
- ABN and ACN;
- contact details of institution (phone number, email,
mobile phone number etc.);
- representative contact person;
- director’s name and contact details;
- institution’s website details;
- capacity of the Institutions;
- bank account details; and
- any additional information required for CCA to carry on
and provide our services to you.
- It is generally not practical to remain anonymous or to
use a pseudonym when dealing with our website as we will need to
use your child and your personal information to provide specific
services to you, or which relate to or involve you.
- CCA will only collect information by lawful and fair
means and for lawful purposes related to its operations and we
will only collect your sensitive information if you have
consented to us doing so. We usually collect personal and other
- face-to-face meetings, interviews, phone calls and
business cards (for childcare centre representatives and
- electronic communications – for example, e-mails and
attachments; forms filled out by people, including as part of
acquiring a product or service from us;
- third parties – for example, from State and Territory
- our website, including if you use it to contact us.
- When visiting this Website, a record of your visit is
logged. The following information is recorded for statistical
purposes and is used by CCA to help improve the Website. This
information is supplied by your browser:
- your server address;
- your operating system (e.g. Windows, MAC);
- your top level domain name (e.g.com, .gov, .au)
- the date and time of your visit to the Website;
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser used.
- No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing
activity except in the unlikely event of an irregularity being
detected that requires further enquiries by CCA. A law
enforcement agency may exercise their legal authority to inspect
the logs of CCA.
- Cookies are pieces of information that a website can
transfer to your computer hard drive for record keeping. Some
session-based and store your user name for the duration of the
session. When you close your browser the session cookie is
destroyed so that the information does not remain on your
computer after the internet session finishes.
How CCA Holds Information
- Data collected through our website is held securely and
safely at our web hosting and data centre service provider,
DailyRazor, a professional web hosting company.
Purpose for Collecting, Holding, Using and Disclosing
- CCA collects, holds and uses personal information for the
- To maintain contact with our clients including
childcare centres and parents
- To keep our clients and other contacts informed of our
- For administrative purposes
- To manage any conflict of interest or independence
obligations or situations
- To meet any regulatory obligations
Involvement of Third Parties
- Your information may be shared with any organisations
with which we are required by law to share the information. CCA
will only share information related to providing our service.
Third Parties may include but not be limited to: Financial
Institutions for gateway payments, Web Development Contractors
for maintenance and development, Government Bodies, etc.
- CCA does not buy or sell mailing lists.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
- The personal information you have provided will only be
used and shared by childcare centres that are registered and
affiliated with our service. These childcare centres will be
permitted to obtain the personal information that you have
provided in the application form to register your child on their
Use of Your Personal Information
- For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively
collect the following non-personally identifiable information,
including but not limited to browser type, version and language,
operating system, pages viewed while browsing the website, IP
address, page access times and referring website address. This
collected information is used solely internally for the purpose
of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised
content to you while you are at this website.
- From time to time, we may use customer information for
new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy
notice. If our information practices change at some time in the
future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected
from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our
Treatment of Sensitive Information
- CCA may collect sensitive information that is required to
provide our service to childcare centres. Such information may
include (but not be limited to) whether the child or their
- a care and protection agreement in place;
- a single parent status;
- an Aboriginal and Torres Islander family status;
- a disability;
- a concession card;
- a specific cultural background;
- any special needs;
- any medical conditions and allergies; and/or
- a specific language spoken at home.
- In such cases we will ask for your consent (through
declaration) for collecting the aforementioned information, and
will not be used other than for our service.
How to Access Personal Information
- You may be able to access most, if not all of your
personal information on our website using your username and
password. No personal information is posted on the internet.
- We strictly conform to the Privacy Amendment (Private
Sector) Act 2000 (Cth) and as such, any information concerning
the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to
third parties. However, Client records are regarded as
confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third
party, other than our service providers (childcare centres) if
legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities.
- CCA reserves the right to make amendments to this Privacy
please refrain from using our service.
Accessing Your Personal Information
- You have a right to access your personal information,
subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so,
please let us know. You may be required to put your request in
writing for security reasons. CCA reserves the right to charge a
fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information
on a per request basis.
- CCA welcomes your comments including questions,
- To make a formal complaints please write or email us and
include a detailed explanation of what has happened, and include
any supporting documents that illustrates your problem. We will
ensure that your concerns are thoroughly investigated and write
to you as soon as practical.
please contact us by any of the following means.
Effective Date 1 May 2015
GPO Box 999, Sydney NSW 2001